Cervinia, one of the very best places to go skiing in april and may, snow guaranteed !
The Cervinia ski resort, located in the Aosta Valley (italian alps,in the north-west of Italy), at almost 2000 meters above sea level in front of the mythical Matterhorn, the Cervinia Breuil ski resort is one of the most important in Italy. A great place to go skiing at the end of the season in april and may.
The Cervinia Breuil ski area has no less than 150 km of ski slopes (50% of which are equipped with snow cannons) spread between 2050 and 3480 meters altitude (Plateau Rosà) and served by 23 lifts (including a large one, many have been recently renovated).
The high altitude of the ski area ensures a good snow cover (both in terms of quantity and quality) and it is even possible to ski in Cervinia Breuil during the summer season on the 5.5 km of slopes of the ski area. Finally, note that the Cervinia Breuil ski area is connected to those of Valtournenche and Zermatt (in Switzerland) thus offering to most ski fans a total of 350 kilometers of slopes.
As for new winter sports, Cervinia Breuil has plenty to offer with: – The Acrobatik Village: a 1 km course dedicated to boarder cross and ski cross, – the Indian park: a 4-hectare snowpark (400m long over 100m wide) associated with a chairlift 4 places.
For lovers of cross-country skiing, two possibilities:
– The ring Breuil-Cervinia 3 km long in the countryside with breathtaking views of the Matterhorn
– The 10 km of slopes of Valtournenche.
Apart from skiing, the Cervinia Breuil resort also offers:
– An ice karting track equipped with a timing system and illuminated in the evening
– Several ice cascades
– Numerous marked trails for snowshoeing
– a 280m track dedicated to snow rafting (to be tested alone or in groups of eight)
– Snowmobile tours
– A snow-bike excursion from Champlève to Cheneil, but also the necessary infrastructure to the practice of airboarding, heliskiing or even kite-skiing …
Cervinia Breuil’s latest highlights for families and children in particular: – the free ski pass for children up to 8 years – a new one Playground with treadmill giving the little ones an easy and fun approach to skiing and snowboarding.